Mosaic Earth Travel Inc.
Mosaic Earth Travel Inc. (Mosaic Earth) is a privately held, Canadian-owned company, and we are committed to providing our customers with exceptional service. As providing this service involves the collection, use and disclosure of some personal information about our customers, protecting their personal information is one of our highest priorities.
Our commitment to protecting personal information is aligned with British Columbia’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA), and, more broadly, Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). PIPA and PIPEDA set out the ground rules for how B.C. and Canadian businesses and not-for-profit organizations may collect, use and disclose personal information.
We will inform our customers and other company contacts of why and how we collect, use and disclose their personal information, obtain their consent where required, and only handle their personal information in a manner that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances.
1. COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Unless the purposes for collecting personal information are obvious and the customer or contact voluntarily provides his or her personal information for those purposes, we will communicate the purposes for which personal information is being collected, either orally or in writing, before or at the time of collection.
We only collect information that is necessary to fulfil the following purposes:
- To contact our customers and other contacts for marketing purposes including newsletters, we collect full name and email address.
- To fulfil a trip enquiry request, we collect full name, email address, phone number, and trip/activity preferences.
- To verify customer identity when booking a trip, we collect name, home address, telephone number, and birth date (age).
- To guarantee a travel reservation and collect and process payments, we collect credit card and/or banking information.
- To deliver requested products and services, we collect information on physical ability, dietary restrictions, and other relevant medical information.
We will obtain customer and contact consent to collect, use or disclose personal information (except where, as noted below, we are authorized to do so without consent). Consent can be provided orally, in writing, or electronically through any member of our staff, or it can be implied where the purpose for collecting, using or disclosing the personal information would be considered obvious and the customer or contact voluntarily provides personal information for that purpose. Consent may also be implied where a customer or contact is given notice and a reasonable opportunity to opt-out of his or her personal information being used for newsletters or other marketing activities and the customer or contact does not opt-out.
Subject to certain exceptions (e.g., the personal information is necessary to provide the service or product, or the withdrawal of consent would frustrate the performance of a legal obligation), customers or contacts can withhold or withdraw their consent from Mosaic Earth to use their personal information in certain ways.
We may collect, use or disclose personal information without the customer or contact’s knowledge or consent in the following limited circumstances:
- When the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is permitted or required by law;
- In an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security;
- When the personal information is available from a public source (e.g., a telephone directory);
- When we require legal advice from a lawyer;
- For the purposes of collecting a debt;
3. USING AND DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use or disclose customer and contact personal information where necessary to fulfill the purposes identified at the time of collection, or for a purpose reasonably related to those purposes such as:
- To conduct customer surveys in order to enhance the provision of our services;
- To contact our customers directly about products and services that may be of interest;
- To connect past customers to each other via our Alumni Network
We will not use or disclose customer personal information for any additional purpose unless we obtain consent to do so. We will not sell customer lists or personal information to other parties.
4. RETAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If we use customer personal information to make a decision that directly affects the customer, we will retain that personal information for at least one year so that the customer has a reasonable opportunity to request access to it. We will retain customer personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the identified purposes or a legal or business purpose.
5. SECURING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to ensuring the security of customer and contact personal information in order to protect it from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal or similar risks. All data is kept on a secure server and within secure files at Mosaic Earth’s primary business address in Squamish, BC. Contractors are restricted in accessing personal information unless relevant to their job duties with Mosaic Earth. We use appropriate security measures when destroying customer’s personal information including deleting electronically stored information and shredding hard-copy documents, as applicable. We will continually review and update our security policies and controls as technology changes to ensure ongoing personal information security.
6. ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that customer personal information is accurate and complete where it may be used to make a decision about the customer or disclosed to another organization.
Customers and contacts may request to access, correct, or remove their personal information at any time, subject to limited exceptions (e.g. health and safety concerns, or when disclosure would reveal of personal information about another individual).
A request to access, correct, or remove personal information must be made in writing (via email or by mail) and provide sufficient detail to identify the personal information and the correction or removal being sought.
For questions, complaints, or to access, correct, or remove your personal data, please contact us:
By email: email@example.com
In writing: PO 3793, Garibaldi Highlands, BC, V0N1T0
The Owner and Director of Mosaic Earth Travel Inc., Pamela Duynstee, is responsible for ensuring Mosaic Earth Travel Inc.’s compliance with this policy and the Personal Information Protection Act.